Kenya Biogas Program is a market facilitator transforming into a venture, stemming from a national domestic biodigester program under the Africa Biogas Partnership Program (ABPP) funded by the Royal Government of the Netherlands and DFID through Endev).
ABPP is the Africa wide program currently established in five countries, with prospects to expand to five more countries. ABPP operates at country level with contracted National Implementing Entity(s) (NIAs), mandated to drive the objective of building a thriving market / program model for adoption of biodigester as an energy and soil fertility solution for households.
Energy Concept Development
Required: Investment consultant with experience in developing renewable energy projects (Biogas gas sector)
Objective: Develop market concept and financial model addressing market waste management, entrepreneurship opportunities and employment for women and youth. Main activities
1. Carry out a desktop research market development for big bio digester systems targeting waste to energy in Kenya municipal markets
2. Environmental and social impact on market waste and market waste management.
3. Assess potential business opportunities (cases) and estimated job numbers, businesses created
4. Finance model to reflect business case for this project
5. Proposed financing options and linkages
6. Prepare pilot proposal to test the concept and financial model
Duration: 10 days
Quick books Training Support
Required: Financial consultant with knowledge of the biogas sector, renewable energy entrepreneurs.
Number of Entrepreneurs to be trained: 25
Period of training: 2 days in December and one on one support for within two months.
Objective: Train biogas entrepreneurs basic finance using QuickBooks and maintain basic accounts and read financial statements
7. Design training module for non-finance directors
8. Design chart of accounts
9. Install QuickBooks for 25 biogas entrepreneurs
10. Conduct a 2-day training for two Biogas entrepreneur cohorts
11. Provide one on one set up and 1 follow up meeting for each biogas entrepreneur.