The Africa Biogas Partnership Programme (ABPP) is a Public Private Partnership engagement that is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The program is managed from Nairobi, Kenya where it supports five national biogas programs in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso. In each of these countries, ABPP is managed through a tri-partite agreement whereby Hivos is the Fund Manager; SNV (Netherlands Development Organization) provides technical support; and each the country has a local implementing partner.
Kenya Biogas Program (KBP) is the National Implementing entity of the Africa Biogas
Partnership Program (in Kenya). KBP envisions a commercially viable domestic biogas sector
that would contribute towards food security, clean/sustainable use of energy and
KBP is inviting EoI from eligible parties for the repair of bio-digesters.
- Existing BCEs(Biogas Construction Enterprises)/masons currently working with the program;
- BCEs/masons must have proven qualifications (attach relevant documents including certificate of incorporation, training and professional certificates including referees), and operational experience working with small-scale AD systems including but not limited to;
- Knowledge of O & M procedures
- Troubleshooting/diagnosis skills
- Design knowledge of the AD models in the sector (candidate must disclose which models they are familiar with)
- Bio-slurry use and management
- Must declare no conflict of interest
- Must not have pending litigation cases
The scope of work
The scope of work includes:
- Informing the household of the assessment visit, followed by a physical site visit to quote for the repair works, if needed;
- Full diagnostic assessment of the bio-digester, piping, appliances and other accessories;
- Detailed description of the scope of repair work and a priced Bill of Quantities (BoQs);
- Successful bidders are awarded repair contracts for plants quoted
- Detailed report of the repair exercise-showing scope and materials used, photos during and after repair, and successful commissioning post repair
The EoI must reach the Kenya Biogas Program before Monday the 12th of April 2019, 17:00 hrs, in electronic format to the email: email@example.com .
Evaluation of EoI
All responses will be evaluated. Submitting a response does not guarantee that an expression of interest will be considered and only partners who are deemed qualified after evaluation will receive bid documents.