The Kenya Biogas Program operated under the ABPP Umbrella, requests for Expressions of Interest (EoI) for Quality monitoring services for domestic bio-digesters in Kenya. Selected parties will receive training in bio-digester technical inspection and troubleshooting, after sales service, use of Taroworks mobile application tools in reporting.
Scope of work and tasks
QSPs will report, inspect, and conduct after sales service on bio-digesters in their working area as directed by the Kenya Biogas program according to a detailed inspection protocol. Expected output from the inspection, shall be submission of a report -consisting of GPS location, pictures, technical inspection report and narrative- to the Kenya Biogas Program.
Specific tasks include;
- Training BCEs on Taroworks app
- Reporting newly commissioned plants on Taroworks
- Offering aftersales services
- Physical verification and unflagging of reported plants
- Training farmers on Operation and Maintenance
- Technical assessment and trouble-shooting of repair plants
Area of work
QSPs will be assigned specific designated working region as defined by county
Duration of work
3 months service contract will be awarded to successful applicants, and will be renewed as the need arises and on mutual agreement.
To qualify, interested parties shall meet following criteria;
- Ethical: Successful applicants show no evidence of fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or insidious behaviour and subscribe to the code of conduct for the Kenya Biogas Program.
- Technical: Preferably have knowledge of biogas technology (to be established with an entrance test) and previous experience in using Taroworks mobile app.
- Quality: Successful applicants have proper understanding of quality challenges in the sector and show behavioural competences (especially interpersonal skills, aptitude, highly adaptable), combining quality management with on-site instruction.
- Background: Must not be a constructing agency working with Kenya Biogas Program.
- Education: Preferably a graduate
- Similar past experience will be an added advantage
Expression of Interest
Interested parties may submit their EoI by email to the Kenya Biogas Program (email@example.com) before January 10 2019. Further information can be obtained from www.kenyabiogas.com
EoIs must contain the following information:
- Introduction of applicant (including work experience and education and working area) and/or introduction of company of applicant (including location of establishment and working area)
- Bio-digester track record (similar or related work done in the past)
- Preferred geographical area of work (county or counties)